As we approach the end of May, I'm pleased to bring you another ACIM CE App update, starting with our top four priorities.
- Peter is currently preparing the app for the Apple App store and Google Play store to ensure it can reach as many people as possible. (It will continue to be available at acimce.app too). This is our top priority for the month ahead.
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) is the next priority. This is the process used to optimise a website's technical configuration, content relevance and link popularity. In short, it helps people to find what they are looking for more easily, and it also improves the ranking that search engines give to a site ensuring more people will be able to find it. This app is intended to help extend the message of A Course in Miracles with the world, so SEO improvements are vital.
- The app was designed for use on a mobile device, but many users already use it on a desktop browser - including during classes and study groups. To improve the experience of using the app via a desktop browser, further changes are planned. These will begin once the SEO improvements are completed.
- One of the app's most anticipated features is the Workbook practice reminder module. It's important that the app can support practice of the Workbook lessons as they are written. With so many variations across the 365 lessons, this is one of the more complicated aspects of the entire project. A lot of work has already gone into it, but this module will be time-consuming and expensive to complete. As the app has been made free to use, we will be relying on further donations to bring it to fruition. If you would like to support this development, donations are most welcome.
Progress has already been made towards these priorities over the last month, and there also are a few things you can expect to see in the app very soon:
- Peter has been working on an improved user experience for everyone, in advance of the app store launch. Whether you use the app store, or the existing app, the next set of updates will include general performance upgrades.
- The user experience will soon be improved on larger devices, such as iPads, too.
- If, like me, you're someone who takes a screenshot of the daily (Workbook Lesson) image you won't need to do that much longer. It will soon be possible to save the image, or to share it, directly from the app.
- Highlights and tabs will soon have a few cosmetic updates designed to save space on smaller phone screens.
- And finally, a request that has come in a few times from different people - when you click a link within a footnote, you will soon have the option to open it in the current tab or to open it in a new tab.
That's all for now, but I'll be back with another update next month.
With love and thanks from all at the Circle,
Leave a Reply